The following vaccines are available from CIWEC Clinic at the time of writing (September 2013). All our vaccines and immunoglobulins are imported from Europe or USA via suppliers in Bangkok, Thailand or Nepal. Please contact us for the latest availability and price.
|Childhood vaccines:||Diptheria/Acellular Pertussis/Tetanus (DTaP)
Infanrix: Combined DTaP + IPV+ HIB
Haemophilus Influenza B (HIB)
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (Prevnar)
Polio Vaccine (IPV) Inactivated injectable
Varicella (Chicken pox)
|Travel related vaccines:||Hepatitis A (Havrix)
Hepatitis B (Engerix)
Twinrix: Combined Hepatitis A and B vaccines
Japanese Encephalitis (JE) SA 14-14-2 Chengdu
Rabies (PVRV or Verorab)
Typhoid (Typhim Vi, single injection)
|Other vaccines:||Influenza (arrives in October for winter season)
Meningococcal Meningitis (A/C)
Meningococcal Meningitis Quadrivalent A, C, Y,W 135 (Menomune)
Pneumovax (for those with special requirements)
PPD Skin test for Tuberculosis
Tetanus and Diptheria (TD for adults)
Tetanus Toxoid (TT)
|Immunoglobulins:||Equine Rabies Immunoglobulin (ERIG) (Favirab)
Human Rabies Immunoglobulin (HRIG) (Berirab)
Notes on vaccines
- The DTaP contains the acellular pertussis or whooping cough component that has fewer side effects and for this reason, we will continue to recommend this vaccine over DPT for children. It is a little more expensive.
- We do stock the inactivated injectable polio vaccine (IPV) separately or combined with DTaP.
- Hepatitis A and B: available as separate vaccines or in a combined form called Twinrix which is also available at the clinic.
- Our rabies vaccine is PVRV, a tissue culture vaccine. It is interchangeable with other Rabies tissue culture vaccines such as PDEC, HDCV and PCEC.
- We do not stock the oral Typhoid vaccine.
- We do not stock BCG, the Tuberculosis vaccine, but we do have PPD, the skin test for TB infection.
- Yellow Fever: We can arrange formal certification that you have received the vaccine. Certification is important for travel.
- We do not stock the new Meningitis C vaccine.